Thursday, March 6, 2008

New life


The first lamb of the season is here, born Wednesday morning , already up and running by the time I went out to feed.
I had locked the gray Navajo up Tuesday evening just in case, and sure enough she gave my shepherdess confidence a nice boost by delivering her baby the next day!
A beautiful spotted ewe lamb, legs still a bit wobbly and the woolly curls wet from birth greeted me around 7.00am. Forgotten are the shoveling of straw and muck heavy with odor. The hours spent on mending fences, catching excited sheep, yelling at beloved family members for letting that one dang ram escape....once again.
One look at this healthy #12 baby fills me with happiness and makes me thankful for being able to live this life. Life on the farm!

2 comments:

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

Oh My Gosh.....beautiful!!!!! Congratulations. I'm so stressed....absolutely crazy with anxiety. I think Sara is going to have her babies tonight. I'm not sure about Izzy but she is close.

Izzy has toxemia and I've been nursing her all week. I've spent nearly $300 on vet visits and another $100+ on supplies. I'm sure it will all be forgotten when her babies arrive safely.

Thank you for sharing your blog and the pictures of your littlest lamb.

dubaibilly said...

I think I should hit the refresh key on my computer more often - today is the 19th of March and despite visiting your site approximately every other day this is the first time your last three posts have showed. Don't understand.

Anyway, this is wonderful news about #12, congratulations.

 
hit counters