Friday, March 21, 2008

What are the sheep doing?




All the ewes do these days is eat, chew their guts, and complain. They do a lot of complaining. As soon as one spots me she will start with an accusing bahh and no sooner as she is finishied all will join... bahh-hay, more bahh-hay always asking for more, just like my wee ones, when I get the ice cream out.
Yes,
I could just give in and allow them to have a steady supply of hay, but since the icelandics are a primitive breed, I really have to watch how much they eat during pregnancy. If they get to much, their lambs will grow rather big and they will have trouble giving birth.
So, I harden my heart and ignore all the baa hing and stick to the balanced morning and evening ratio. Well, I do
gather pine branches, they love to nibble of all the needles and than strip the bark....

While the sheep are happily taking in their fresh greens, I have been working on another pair of slippers. When you knit these they are really really big, then you throw them in the washing machine to felt and get them to the right size.
Hide them when friends come over because once they spot them they will declare that they are very much in need for new slippers..... and all you will knit for a long time will be ...... slippers!





3 comments:

dubaibilly said...

Love the slippers, What happens if the shrink more than you anticipated? Start again I suppose. Now, isn't about time a few more of your sheep started giving birth?

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

Oh....I want the pattern for those slippers!

Guess what.......???? Another winter storm. Our second this week. No kidding.....literally...no more kids but I'm sure Willow is going to have hers soon. I just hope it's before we leave for the wedding.

God Bless My Friend

the shepherdess said...

yep, once shrunk, always shrunk....
so better stay close to the washer...
This is a fiber trends pattern and it knits up really fast!

 
hit counters