Friday, February 8, 2008

An afternoon at the vet's


Today it was time for Tiny, our 8 month old Komondor puppy to get spayed.
The last thing I need is a house full of puppies, no matter how cute they are.
Since I did actually not bring her to the vet, but a nonprofit organisation that holds spay and neuter clinics in this area I got to stay with her and watch the whole procedure. It was pretty uneventful, hardest part was to lift this polar bear puppy up and down the surgery table... and we did find a funny little growth under her tongue,maybe an old injury. Long story short, now she has a hole in her tongue as well as stiches in her belly - poor baby! Tiny was such a trooper - I am soooo proud of her. I know, I know she is supposed to be a sheep protection dog and not a cuddle pup, but I can not help it. She might just have to protect the kids and.... me!
So for tonight Tiny is sleeping in the kitchen, all bundled up in a blanket,while I really should check on my lambing supplies and see what I need to stock up on. The icelandic x navajo churro ewes manage to surprise me each and every year with their early lambing. So far their bellies are getting rather big but I did not get a good look at the udder jet, which tells me much more than bellies!

For now I will only check on Tiny, she might be getting a bit warm in the kitchen, since she never comes inside. Sweat dreams!

No comments:

 
hit counters