Thursday, February 14, 2008

Why you should always trust your gut feeling





Today I decided to ponder once more over my last sock knitting project. When I cast on the stiches for the "retro rib socks" (interweave favorite socks book) I had a funny feeling in my stomach. As I progressed on the first sock the feeling got stronger, something along the line: will this be enough yarn? What did I do: IGNORE IT , of course!
The first sock was quickly finished, the second cast on. By the time I reached the heal, my gut was screaming at me: Told you so, told you so...
Since I bought the yarn years ago in Germany, and of course it has been discontinued since then, there was no stopping at the friendly yarn store in town. I have searched high and low on the net, no luck!
So I guess I will have to find some solid color to match my sock wool and unravel part of the first sock, then find a way to finish this pair half way presentable.
The moral of this knitting tale: Never, never ignore your gut feeling! Or, if in doubt, knit shorter socks, like these grey ones...





2 comments:

dubaibilly said...

I'm just quietly sending the morning trolling through blogs by clicking the next blog icon and I came on yours. I read the socks story (love the cat) and just had to read on! What a super blog you have - I think I will come back and read this again. You have such a lovely, gentle sense of humour.

Thanks

the shepherdess said...

THanks Dubaibilly,
I was wondering if anyone would read my blog, so this is a great heads up!
I had a stop over in Dubai years ago on my way to India, but I think I would prefer the greek island as well. Have only been to Athens....

the sheperdess

 
hit counters