Sunday, February 17, 2008

Farmchores


Sunday should be the day to rest, at least I'd like to think so.

For some reason at our farm it seldom is. On a beautiful day like today it is nearly impossible to stay inside and once you leave the house there is no chance to walk by the wheelbarrow. In the back of my mind I just know how much work lies ahead once spring is here, so it is nice to get a bit ahead. The biggest mistake I make is to look around and focus in on all that needs to be done, and then the curtain closes - I am majorly overwhelmed. This has the same effect on me than a week of fasting. Extreme crabbyness, which results in my kids making a wide circle around me instead of helping and a husband that will just plainly stay out of sight. This does not help me feel any better. So I have learned to take a deep breath and take little steps, one at a time (allright, I do try to sprint once in a while, but the shortness of breath keeps me at bay)

So as of today the chickencoop is only two wheelbarrows short of being clean and the ram pen looks presentable as well.

I will not start a list of what all still needs to be done. But if you are thinking of loosing a few pounds, please come to the farm and help me with my chores. The longer you stay the better shape you will be in and the happier you will make me and my family!

Let's call it the farm boot camp!


4 comments:

dubaibilly said...

Wow! You've got llamas!

I was reading about the chores and glanced at the photo and then looked again and though "funny looking horse!" Then I clicked the pic to see it full size and was very surprised to see a llama looking at me! I thought the indian running ducks in the video were great, but I wasn't expecting llamas.

cheers

Dubaibilly

the shepherdess said...

"Doly Lama's" (we did not name him) job is to guard the sheep from coyotes and stray dogs. He will attack them (spit in their eyes and trample them) or at least alert us about danger.Llamas do not care for canines at all. He is really cool, does not like to be handled much, but loves his sheep and will be right in your face to check you out.
I shear him every two years and spin his fleece into nice yarn...
Greetings
the shepherdess

The Old Man and His Dog said...

I can work hard and love MT, but can't come because I also love my dog and the "Doly Lama" will spit at her and trample her. :(

the shepherdess said...

Yeah, if you love your dog it is not a good idea to bring him here. Not so much because of the Llama, but of our dogs, which are just really territorial....
Dang, would have loved to have an extra hand to help!

 
hit counters