Thursday, February 7, 2008

Welcome to the farm




Hello from the shepherdess, who feels very fortunate to live on a small farm in Western Montana.

In this blog I would like to share some of my joys and heartaches of farm life.
Raising sheep, shearing sheep, milking sheep.....
Cleaning fleeces, spinning wool, dying wool, knitting yarn into tales.....
Straining milk, making cheese, yoghurt and much more....
Trying to grow food for my family and animals in rather dry conditions....
Hearing the rooster crow every morning, reminding me to get up, stretch, greet a new day, feed the livestock before having breakfast with my kids and husband.
Lots to do, some tasks always the same, some everchanging...
Let me invite you to the farm, come and meet all who live here and see what is to come.

3 comments:

szymoniaktheo said...

Guter Anfang!

The Old Man and His Dog said...

Sounds like great fun. I drove out to Thompson Falls MT with my daughter a couple of years ago. It was beautiful and I loved every minute of it. We stayed in a friends log cabin in the mountains. We rode the horses, moved a bull to a neighbors farm, went out on a boat in the river and saw eagles, heard coyote, saw bison, and had the worst pizza in the world. I'll never forget it. Montana has a special place in my heart.

Deana Mattos said...

This is truely a wonderful farm with wonderful people.

 
hit counters