Monday, February 11, 2008

Why oh why oh why


No running water today, all was frozen with a light sprinkle of snow which hid the underlaying ....perfectly.

When I fed this morning I looked at the ever deminishing hay pile and then my eye caught HER. And that is when I felt like rabbit reciting:" Why oh why oh why", does Hanni the angora goat always have to eat on top of the hay? Now you might think what is the big deal? Let me tell you. She does not just stand there and eat, no, she will happily drop some surprises while she munches along. Goats are like most grasing animals, where they poop they will not eat. So what this translates into is a rather big waste of hay and with skyrocketing prices of $190/ton this does give me a slight headache. Since the goats are so funny and heartwarming the headache does subside rather quickly.
I have four angora goats, actually they are not really my goats anymore, since a super nice lady from Colorado bought them and will pick them up in the spring.
She even does help to pay for the winter hay, so I really have no reason to complain! Funny enough Hanni is the only one that jumps into the feeder, the other three mind their manners and eat, like the book suggests, from the sides of the manger.
Once these girls arrive in Colorado they will assume they died and went to heaven, this is how much Becky cares for her critters. And let me tell you, it is the best feeling to now that the animals I have to part with go to a wonderful home!
Still I will miss Hanni, Nanni, Colleen and Socks. Until next fall when I have to buy hay again......

2 comments:

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

I haven't had a chance to catch up on your blog...but thank you so much for the pictures of the girls. I just wanted to reach out and hug them. They are so very beautiful. I can't wait to bring them home to meet the "family".

You have done a lovely job on your blog. I enjoyed watching the ducks! So cute...........and mud......oh my.....I've got something to look forward to haven't I.

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

I just had to stop back and look at my little girls again. They are so incredibly beautiful.

 
hit counters